Thursday, August 11, 2005

sell me back to rock and roll

in another attempt to make some money without actually working for it, i tried to submit this blog to google's "adsense" program...yes, i was gonna sell out on my value & integrity just for an extra bit of revenue. me, with my rants on conformity & all that shit, was gonna go commercial -- can you believe it? while admittedly it was partly out of curiosity as to what kinds of ads i'd get for the presumed 'target audience' of this blog, it was mostly financially motivated: now i'd have to sell off some of my possessions to make up the difference betreen the cash i have in my bank account & the price of plane tickets to new york & halifax (it's actually cheaper to take a plane than a greyhound bus... weird, huh? i thought it'd be the other way around)
...anyway, this is a quote i pulled straight from their e-mail of rejection:

"We've found that your website contains content that isn't in compliance with our program policies. We don't allow websites with excessive profanity or potentially offensive content to participate in Google AdSense."

aw, now that's too bad: i'm crushed & now will summarily go off to some dank, dark corner to slit my wrists & weep 'til the mascara runs down my cheeks like so much night-black, razor-laced pain-droplets. ah, the exquisite agony that is life...et cetera, et cetera

honestly, it is for moments like this that i continue to live. thank you, google, for reaffirming my faith in the smallmindedness of humanity.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home