Thursday, August 25, 2005

some good things about being back 'home'

this is more to convince myself than anything.

-to be able to sleep in my own bed for the first time in 7 days.
-the legal drinking age is 19: to celebrate this wonderful aspect of canadian liberalness, i had myself a little detour to the liquor store yesterday before heading back to my place -- to buy chartreuse for me & a 4-pack of flavoured vodka 'coolers' for my sister as part of her belated birthday present (i personally think drinking alcopops is cheating, but that was what she'd asked for).
-being at home means i don't have to be on my feet all day & my blisters can have some time to heal.
-after standing around in many, many, new york subway stations, the perpetually backed up basement toilet doesn't smell that unbearable.
-my parents haven't said anything about my tattoo... (yes, i've got a scanner working finally, & no, it didn't hurt that much after maybe the first five minutes.) i got it done at kingdom tattoos the night/morning before i was due to leave, kinda as a permanant souvenier; i got to choose music to get tattooed by & now the cure's bloodflowers is inextricably linked in my mind with that buzzing needle-noise...

1Comments:

At 11:41 a.m., August 26, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude! you were in NYC and Yah didn't gimme a Heads Up. That's so Cold blooded. I would have so down to sneak you beers Dude.

I'm calling you Dude cos' I'm so Frickin' pissed (not really), just don't let it happen again.

I'll be up Your way in November. I'm bringing My Wife, Dog and My Satanic Minister, Rev. Timmy James.

We'll have our own PA system so you better clean up your front yard cos' we's bringin it, DUDE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home