Wednesday, February 01, 2006

living the lowlife

typing this at an internet cafe while waiting for my laundry to be done. i am washing my new blanket & sheets on which i blew 70 dollars. the blanket -- the cheapest one on sale -- is one of those crappy, microfibre ones & it sheds enough to make me look like all my clothes have been rolled on by dozens of iridescent cats.

i've found myself a new place, which for $450+utilities/month is about $50 more than i can afford & i'll keep looking, but at least i have a place to stay until march; the flat itself is quite gloriously slum-like, with cigarette burns blending seamlessly into the ground-in dirt on the carpet... not everyone's idea of home, but i like it (last night i accidentally set fire to part of the carpet but you can't really tell). my flatmate this time around is no tattooed, shapely blond but one of the Original Punks, a 60-ish year-old guy who looks like a cross between iggy pop & alice cooper & knows way more about music than i ever will [i'd like to take a moment here to plug his radio show, the downliners crypt].

life for me is truly stranger than fiction.

1Comments:

At 8:36 a.m., February 02, 2006, Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

"rolled on by dozens of iridescent cats"....that line just made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home