Saturday, September 09, 2006

greetings & salutations, fellow earthlings! my first post

hiya,

you know, i even feel weird talking on the phone: i can't get rid of the feeling that i'm standing in an empty room shouting into a plastic box of wires and shit. so why am i doing this? i have no idea. probably just because i've never done this before. that's how i start doing things most of the time (i've made chain-mail & mead, though i've yet to start on learning gaelic or knife throwing...soon, though).

so, some stuff on my life, right? that's how these normally go?

[heh. i just changed the date to 2 years later. pretty spiffy, no? (relax. i never say "spiffy" unironically in real life)]

this week was the first week of school -- and i actually welcomed it, 'cuz, you see, i go to an 'alternative' high school where the teachers are called by their first names, the students are encouraged to question things, & it's fine if you're gay or political or whatever. a big departure from my old school where there were cameras in the halls, uniforms & all that crap (sorry about the scatalogical obcenities; i'll try to be more creative next time)
. the last straw was when i had to toss my uniform pants into a slush puddle so i could have proof after i'd lied to the principal that i got splashed-by-a-passing-truck-while-standing-innocently-by-the-curb-ma'am. to be fair, there were some good times too -- i got to perform a speech on the overuse & abuse of the word 'fuck' (where i said it about 20 times in 5 minutes). but now, i'm in paradise (or whatever one calls it when one is too skeptical to be religious).

this semester i'm doing poetry & drama, philosophy, sculpture, french, & chemistry. it promises to be intresting...

i tire of this. more later, if i remember.

ta.

am i supposed to have "perfect" spelling/grammar when blogging? please enlighten me (how's about words with more than 3 syllables?).

5Comments:

At 7:18 p.m., June 09, 2005, Blogger N/A said...

Always perfect grammar/spelling and punctuation. Makes a post easier to read.

 
At 5:14 p.m., July 17, 2005, Blogger Herge Smith said...

Do the best you can. Some smug bastard will read a piece that may be fantastic and then simply say 'oh you spelt genitals incorrectly' without actually commenting on the quality of the post.

Which in this case, was excellent.

 
At 8:48 a.m., October 07, 2005, Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I wish my high school had been like yours. Lucky bastard.

 
At 4:37 a.m., October 15, 2005, Blogger anon said...

I don't know, I mean--my highschool was "like that", and it nearly ruined my life. Long story--but the short version is that the grass is always greener on the other side. That being said, I might not have been better off at a public school, but I'll never know, I s'pose.

 
At 7:42 p.m., November 15, 2005, Blogger Kevin said...

Free yourself from the tyranny of..fuck it. sorry. Please just don't bracket everything in Xs and abbreviate every word into some fucked up visual parlance without vowels.

I feel dumb responding to a post that could well be years old, it's new to me. So far the two word verification "words" I've encountered on your blog work perfectly to the tune of E I E I O. I'm leaving before this sacred moment is corrupted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home